Thursday, December 22, 2016

How Are You at Christmas and on the New Year

Well, I can't help but think about Christmas and the New Year. But before I do let me add:
Wow, I can't believe that it has been several months since I last posted. Trust me, it wasn't intended. Sometimes career things just get in the way. But I am back and should be posting at least once a week from now on. 
So how's it going for you? Seriously, I want to know. You can email me directly at tguthriebiz@gmail.com and let me know. I would LOVE to correspond with you.

Christmas and the New Year
Hmmm, think about that question, "How are you?" How often are we asked that question? Daily, weekly, always? YES.

But how do we answer? Usually something like, "Hey, doing ok!" It is outside the boundaries of human acceptance to answer the question honestly. And why? Because the person asking, "how are you?" isn't really asking "how are you?" They are really just saying, "Hi!" And we know it.

But I AM asking: HOW ARE YOU?" How are you at Christmas and on the brink of a New Year.

Well, since there is no way I can really know I can only throw a few possibilities out there:

  • fulfilled
  • eager
  • desperate
  • lonely
  • happy
  • successful
  • frustrated
  • thankful
  • etc.
I find myself at a time of self-renewal. This new year will be a time of casting off the fears and personal restraints that I have allowed to keep me from achieving my long-held goals (to the degree that I wanted to that is.) Yes, I have had success. But often not to degree I have hoped for. There is only one reason for not achieving the levels that I have wanted. ME! It's not the economy, my finances, my age, my education or lack thereof, or any other possible thing. I can't blame the weather, the environment, or the government. At the end of 2016 I can honesty say that TONY and TONY alone stands in the way of all TONY wants to accomplish. 

That is changing. NOW!

Now what about YOU?  Where are you? What is your honest self-assessment? I want you to think about you. Honestly. Fairly. Accurately. Don't beat yourself up or over-glorify yourself. Just look into the mental mirror and see the reality of what reflects back at you. 

What needs to change for you? 

Christmas and the New Year
For me I realized that I had started several good things but I just didn't push through. One HUGE success (from my perspective) is my Expository Pastoral Preaching Facebook Group. Now at 400+ members (and growing). I started it and saw it explode in membership in a few weeks. But then put it on the back burner. That will change. In 2017 that group will get much more of my attention.


I will also focus more passionately on my relationship to the Lord. As in other things that has slidden a little backwards as well. But that has changed.
Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10
No, I haven't sinned greatly. But allowing a relationship to slip means priorities have slipped. For me, a clean heart is the renewed passion to dedicate myself more whole-heartedly to the Lord. 

I will rededicate myself to my health and wellness goals and strive to encourage others to do the same. I have a real passion for health and wellness, particluarly for people my age and above. I think we all think in weird ways when it comes to health and wellness. But here's the deal (and the deal has never changed by the way). To lower the risk of getting sick and diseased we have to:
  1. Eat healthier
  2. Exercise daily
  3. Supplement with GOOD nutritional supplements and ALKALINIZE your system.  
  4. PERIOD!
That's it! Stop the excuses and do what needs to be done to get in and stay in good health. Be PREVENTION-MINDED!

Here are 2 good questions to ask yourself:
Do I want to die quickly? Or do I want to live longer?
Again, what about you? 

For me the three things mentioned above are NOT resolutions. They are truths! Now, it's your turn.

  • What does the mental reflection tell you? 
  • What needs to change?
  • Where do priorities need to be adjusted?
  • Is it time to think about you?
  • Do you have a book in you?
  • Do you want to launch out in business?
  • Where is the Lord in your life?
Think about these things. Please, contact me. I'd love to correspond with you.

Blessings, 

Tony Guthrie
404-933-0418











No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The Heart of God's Grace

I remember watching the mini-series Jesus of Nazareth as a teenager. Of course at the time I wasn't very knowledgeable about the Bible ...